Thursday, January 3, 2013

Beginning at the beginning

--> As Maria in the "Sound of Music" sang: Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start.

For those of you who are fans of this timeless musical you are most likely singing the next lines of this catchy tune; and for those of you who are not, I understand - no hating, no judging. Not liking musicals isn't a crime, especially if you aren't Irish (like certain people I know). Because we all know the Irish have music running in our veins - but, it isn't your fault if you were not born into the most amazing heritage ever. Not to worry, as long as you are up for a good pub sing-along from time to time, you can remain on my proverbial island - but more about that later.

I'm beginning this blog in combination with The Year of Magical Living. Not to be confused with the book The Year of Magical Thinking, although I have read Joan Did ion’s book and found it quite intriguing and insightful. I believe it is living that I am carrying out the magical thinking I've done for years. The Year of Magical Living (herein referred to as TYML and TYMLT when we're talking about The Year of Magical Living Tour) began as an idea to really experience my 40th year of life, as that is the same age at which my late mom (Patricia Ann Pape Florian Tschirki - affectionately referred to as Helen by some of us) had me. Not only did she have me at age 40, but also I was her 40th birthday present. There's nothing like spending your birthday in labor. So, that in it self is a magical start to a life, wouldn't you agree? Given that start, TYML seems more than appropriate.

The deal with TYML is to do/experience/tackle/enjoy a variety of enriching, soul fulfilling, spirit strengthening and memory making "things" with people I hold close to my heart. So, that's exactly what we're going to do. My goal for this year is 1 special "thing" a month - and in this space I'll share the thing, highlights from the event and the gains to come from it - along with photos, because who doesn't love a good photo or 2?

And away we go....


1 comment:

  1. So happy, thrilled and honored to be a part of TYMLT!!

    ReplyDelete